Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Give Us Us Free


My last day working with MOFO (for the foreseeable future) was on Friday, October 1, 2010.

When I walked out of that office (an hour earlier than I was supposed to), I experienced a sense of joy and happiness that I had never felt in my entire life.

Part of me was happy to be leaving that experience because it was emotionally, mentally, and physically draining as well as retarding to my overall personal growth. Another part of me was grateful to have completed that particular "assignment" in life's journey and for the first time in a long time, I felt confident that I had learned the lesson that God wanted me to learn. I felt great because as I walked out of that office, I was determined to not ever take a job in government, with politicians, or just for money again.

So the million dollar question was, "what are you going to do now that you are done with work and may never have to see MOFO again?"

While I thought that I would enjoy long, endless, days of lemonade, my down comforter on the couch, and action movies -- the truth is that my first week off of work made me feel like an emancipated slave that didn't realize that she was free.

From Monday through Wednesday, I still checked my work email, took phone calls from the job (unnecessarily), worked on the baby's nursery, exchanged duplicate gifts from the shower, ran errands, and cooked like nothing had even changed.

But by Thursday, I had a long talk with myself regarding the need to slow down and allowing myself to actually relax.  I recognized that if I didn't bring things down a notch that I would burn myself out before the baby even got here and would end up having a nervous breakdown my the time the baby was 1 week old.

So on Thursday I went and got my hair done and on Friday I went to my favorite spa and allowed myself to relax and enjoy peace, quiet, and stillness.

I've even began to host "Hot Chocolate/Chili/Tea Time" socials with friends during the weekends so I won't develop cabin fever.  Today will be Chili Sunday with the Sister Circle and I'm just glad that I'll have some company to keep me from shampooing the apartment again or from thinking too much about my gigantic stomach and swollen ankles.

So there it is family and friends, this is my state of well being as of 10.10.10.  I'll continue to blog as exciting events occur, but its likely that the next time that you hear from me - I'll be blogging through my labor or introducing you to my sweet little boy!

Talk to you soon!

1 comment:

  1. oh that ending just got me SO excited! hold him in this weekend while i'm in NYC!!!!!

    ReplyDelete