Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Monday, May 10, 2010

You're not Dying...That's Just Gas...

Before I became pregnant, I may have passed gas once every six months after eating nachos with cheese and chili on top. But now, on nights when I am fast asleep, I find myself awakened by a secession of "toots" coming from my rear end. I always jump up suddenly, awakened by the rumbling vibration and I check to see if Pat heard it...but luckily he is often too deep in sleep to notice.

The first time this happened, it was early in pregnancy and I woke up embarrassed because for the first time it was I who pooted in the middle of the night and not Pat. I announced, "oh my goodness baby..sorry but I pooted!" Thinking this would be an isolated incident I went back to sleep.

Now, 3 months later, gas stays with me like a close friend every evening. Luckily, the "poots" in the middle of the night have slowed down. Unfortunately, they've been replaced with a packet of gas that sits on top of my stomach every day.

I've tried everything to get rid of this gas but nothing seems to work. In fact, I often have the WORSE gas after eating healthy meals and snacks like fruit, vegetables, crackers, and water. It's kinda sad.

After eating lunch I go from looking 4 months pregnant to looking 7 months pregnant because my stomach swells up so fast that it reminds me of my childhood when my brother used to call me, "The Ethiopian."

What's odd about gas is that it always make you feel as if you are dying. Every time I have heartburn, at least once I consider that perhaps I am having a heart attack and wonder how long it would take Pat to find me on the floor by the toilet.

But I also wonder, if I am this uncomfortable, what's the baby doing? Is he or she punching on my stomach because there's not enough room in there? Is my gas the result of the baby "tooting" too?

4 comments:

  1. awwwww :(.
    MORE! MORE! MORE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the best freakin blog in the whole world! I laughed, I cried, I smiled, and I said "Ha Ha Ha, Kirstin you are such a fool" like 100 times! I can't wait to see your baby bump and see the baby! Also, I am convinced that I am a psychic and I will be joining the Psychic Friends Network in 2 weeks! Holla at me if you want a reading. About 2 and a half months ago, I kept having recurring dreams of you, Pat and this random light skinned baby for about 3 nights straight. It was my duty to babysit this child of yours, but for some strange reason we lived in some type of tropical environment. Strange but it solidified my abilities to predict the future!!! I am sooooooo proud of you, Kirstin! You will be such a good mother and the baby will have the best advice giver at his or her beck and call!! Congrats Smith Family!!

    Love love love,
    Dana P. aka Miss Dee-yo (that's my new psychic friends network name in case you were wondering)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't give you too hard of a time but wait until you reach a certain age and you are not pregnant. The joys of womanhood and the things no one tells you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. T, I can not begin to express how much i enjoy this...u got me seriously rolling.
    I am so elated for you...I cant wait to hear more!!
    love you lots! xoxox
    B

    ReplyDelete