Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Finally! Everything is done!


My husband, mother, and sister are convinced that I am nuts.

One day after the baby shower, I had completely unpacked all of the gifts, put everything inside of it's appropriate drawer, and began to sort laundry that needed to be pre-cleaned before the baby can wear it.

Two days after the shower, I had gone through my nursery checklist and ordered all outstanding items from baby Babies R Us.com and Amazon.

Three days after the shower, I was shampooing my carpet for the 15th time. in three weeks.

Four days after the shower, I was putting together the stroller, baby swing, diaper drawers, and animal mobile for the baby's bed.

(Sidenote, now that I am typing all of this out...I guess I do sound a bit crazy...)

Everyone keeps asking me to stop doing stuff, but the truth is that I just can't.

I was a bit neurotic with a touch of anxiety before I got pregnant now I think I just have developed clinically diagnosable OCD, ADD, and I'll throw Turrets in there considering how I used to curse about MOFO.

Eventually, I figure I'll either run out of steam or the baby will just fall out in the middle of me cleaning my bathtub so I try not to worry to much about being "too" active.

Yet, I must admit, that its getting a bit more difficult as the days go by - not because I am exhausted but because my stomach won't allow me to reach up (to organize the cabinets) or down (to reorganize my shoes) for too long without tipping over.

But I really am trying to slow down...I really am. It's just extremely hard when you have nothing to do but wait.
'
I feel like perhaps there is a lesson in this time that I am supposed to learn - a lesson besides how to shampoo a three bedroom apartment in less than 30 minutes. So I am truly going to try to stop and listen and learn from this "waiting period" in my life because I know that one day I'll look back at this time and wish that I would have allowed myself more time to relax and prepare for the multitude of ways that my life is about to change.

No comments:

Post a Comment