Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Dear Baby X (Letter #1)


Dear Baby X, aka Teddy Graham, aka Treasure, aka PJ aka The Alien:

I'm really sleepy right now but I wanted to make sure to write you a quick letter before I went to bed. I hope that you are enjoying your whirlpool jacuzzi - Mommy is sure trying to make sure that you stay comfortable. I wonder what you are up to in there...are you trying to work-off those sundaes and potato chips? If so, try some lunges and squats -- those always work for me! I can't wait to meet you - I bet you will be one cute little thing. I wonder if you will have your father's dark features, although I'd love it if you have my eyes and cheeks!

I pray you have your father's determination and my sense of compassion -- outside of our faith and love -- those are the two best things that we have to offer. You will probably have a combination of both of our senses of humor which means that there are surely lots of laughs to come. And despite all my previous cursing about my boss - I hope you learn early to deal with life's challenges with hope, patience, and unshatterable faith because you were given to God before you ever stepped forth on this Earth.

I also hope that you do not work a nine to five job. Although I would support any career you have -- this is the one thing that may break my heart. See the world! Learn Spanish in ways that I never could! Know that home is truly where ever your heart is. Experience the full magnitude of love, even the painful parts -- for it is truly what makes the world go 'round. But most of all, I pray that you find God, joy, and purpose in your life for these three things are the essence of what it means to truly live of life working living.

With Anticipation,

Your Mom

3 comments:

  1. that was sooo sweet! tears! and lol @ learning spanish better than you! mission already accomplished before his birth!


    Guess who???

    ReplyDelete