Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Give me a pickle, hot wings, with a Peach Snapple...to go!

The first thing people usually ask me when they find out (or see) that I am pregnant is "What are you eating?? Are you having any cravings??" Initially this question seemed intrusive to me because of ALL the things that happen during pregnancy, eating -- or the lack thereof -- is sometimes a touchy subject...either you are eating too much or not enough, either everything makes you nauseous and you throw it up...or the only thing that keeps you from throwing up IS eating, which was the case for me throughout my first trimester.

For the first few months, I had no particular craving except for the deelicious taste of trans fat and sodium. If a snack or meal had fudge, was fried, or had "salt" or "vinegar" in its name then I wanted it and spent most of my day thinking about how I would get my hands on treats such as ice cream or flaming hot chips before I got home that evening.

Eventually, my infatuation with all things unhealthy subsided and I focused my attention on pickles. I ate pickles all day, every day - usually 3 or 4 at a time - even if it meant that I had to steal them from someone else's plate. Soon, I found the perfect match for my pickles, an ice cold Peach Snapple, and would travel to four or five stores during lunchtime until I found that magical combination.

Soon my food fixations evolved from pickles and Peach Snapple to EVERYTHING that was delicious. If someone told me a story about a chicken gyro at 8:00 a.m., then I would think about that chicken gyro all day until I got it...even if that meant that I had to drive 45 minutes through traffic, pay $10 for parking, and run 2 miles through the rain as a pit bull chased me to get it.

I think the baby got fed up with me and put itself on the Fat Smash Diet. I'm happy to say that my most recent cravings been on watermelon, salads, and water although I still can't resist the taste of salt and vinegar potato chips or a pickle every now and then.

No comments:

Post a Comment