Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

"I don't want to catch the Holy Ghost!" / Jesus take the wheel (part two)


That night, the visiting minister preached about how God only puts us through situations that he knows that he equipped us to conquer in order to produce character, perseverance, hope and increased faith. I was moved to tears because the message resonated deeply with me and I felt encouraged in moving forward in the wilderness called "My Career".

Nevertheless, once the alter call began, I quickly sobered up because as a saved person, you never want to look "unsaved" during alter call...especially at a church where everyone knows you as "Deacon Karry and Sweet Sister Liza's Daughter".

The choir began to sing...

"We offer Christ to you...all my brothers..." the choir sang as the minister invited anyone who had not received Christ up to the alter.

"We offer Christ to you...all my sisters..." the choir continued as the minister invited all people who wanted to recommit their life up to the alter.

Suddenly...my heart started beating fast. I had felt this feeling many times before but unlike other times I was unable to ignore it.

"Oh no!" I thought. "Jesus, please don't let me get the holy ghost" I thought as my heart began to palpitate rapidly.

"Oh come! Come on! To Christ..." The choir echoed.

"Don't leave here the same way you came in," the preacher encouraged the congregation.

By that time, 15 people had walked to the alter and the church was going crazy.

Then suddenly, I heard God say, "Get up Kirstin,"" in a deep Barry White voice.

">Wait, God are you talking to me and are you sure? I mean...I know you...you know me. I think I'm okay", I negotiated back.

Get up Kirstin, God said again. But this time his voice sounded alot like mine so I wasn't for sure what to do.

Then the visiting minister came up to the alter and said, "Wait. Stop the music. There's somebody here who needs to recommit their life to God. I don't know who you are but you need to stop playing. God has kept you through many trials and tribulations. You need to reaffirm your faith."

I knew that was a sign and that God could only be talking to me. So with all the courage in my body I stood up and stepped into the aisle...

No comments:

Post a Comment